Friday, February 11, 2011

I am Midge not Barbie

These last two weeks have been very difficult.  My work hours are insane, the weather has been brutal and basically I am tired and feel every one of my 52 years.
Here it is 8 o'clock on Friday night, I'm not on call and I'm home with cold cream on my face wearing my warmest of fluffy pants ( I am Midge not Barbie)
I realized today that I am a failure.  The 30 for 30 isn't for me.  The challenge didn't daunt me, it was simply the time...I just didn't have it. I also think I had a mental block about taking my picture.  I am terribly un-photogenic and the thought of taking my own pictures sent me into a tizzy.
So that being said,  it doesn't mean that I can't post opinions and speak my mind here and there.
My main objective of this blog was to talk about how I see new style trends and the way to incorporate them into a "silver style" women's life.  So that is what I'll start to do.
A few months ago I was afraid that knee high boots were to "young" for me.  Now I have black and brown and they look great.
Today I wore my jeggings, a long sweater and the cutest knee high, brown, leather boots.  (use your imagination!)  I thought I looked pretty slick for an an "silver style woman".  That is exactly what I mean about using current trends in our life.  Don't be afraid, just keep the class, style and snap!
Ta Ta for now.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, doing what you started to do in the first place! I had a Midge doll; thanks for the memory! I had Stacy,too, if you remember her. And no Ken but Allen. My mom must have shopped at the random Barbie store. Anyway, about taking pictures. I,too,thought there was no way I could take my photo and post it because I am older(50) and overweight, and I was going to buy a dress form or something for pictures and then the day came to post and I just did it and it's been okay. So if you ever decided to post daily outfits, let me just say, posting your outfit for all the world to see regardless of your age and size is very freeing and is doing wonders for my self-esteem. I didn't mean to write so much; I just want to encourage you as I've been encouraged by this blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I had Barbie, Midge, Tammy and scooter. My dolls were poor with handmade clothes. My cousins had dolls that sported gold lame dresses and fur stoles........Oh how I envied them.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to encourage me. One thing that I have been learning on planet blog is that people are all shapes and sizes and very proud of their sense of style. Maybe that will help me get over my own ridiculous phobias. Again, thanks! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, but I'm still hanging in there. Work hours are long, too, and time is just not that plentiful. I'm going to start posting every few days, as was my original intention before the 30 for 30. The challenge has some great points, despite the difficulties -- I am being a bit more creative. Get some R&R and I look forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete