Friday, January 11, 2013

Comfort VS. Style And the Gray Storm Cloud

This is a perfect example of some of one of my style blunders.  I made this poncho out of a thrifted T shirt- sheet.  It's quite large and can be worn as a long open front or  mis-styled as below.
It is so comfortable and I truly thought it looked quite stylish with my leg warmers and boots.

Soooooooo.  Later in the evening the Man saw me struggling with self photos and he offered to take the pictures.  Fast forward to this morning.  Finally getting around to doing a post and whoa!  This really looks awful!  I look like a swirling gray storm cloud.  Maybe a brighter scarf would have helped but I'm really not sure if this hot mess could have been saved even with my beloved accessories!   I'm sure this won't make it out of the house again.  I wish I had taken the photos earlier in the day.  Again we learn by trying and by analyzing our choices.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.


Oh well, at least I'm still smiling!  Have a great weekend




9 comments:

  1. Tammy! hi! You are so funny! I love the boots and warmers. You are better than me. I get too hot. I love wearing flats and no socks in this weather (did I mention we have 12" of snow today?). All of the boots and thick socks I have are not worn for long on this gal. High thermostat I guess. Have a grand weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy...you look lovely! Great outfit...becareful in any bad weather and have a safe, joyful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your courage in admitting style blunders (although frankly I don't think its so bad!) Your best accessory is your smile and your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy I really like that look. I don't think it's a blunder at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The concept is good, perhaps next time use a prettier color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont think its a miss! love the open line of the poncho with the fitted pants/socks/boots. but maybe the grey-on-grey is the problem? grey and blue is always a nice combo if youre trying to brighten up the look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy--I dont think this is a style blunder at all! I agree tho that we can critique an outfit better in photos tho and thats why I love the whole OOTD thing. But your look is not a miss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy--I don't think it's a mistake--maybe a brighter scarf???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think this outfit is near as bad as you're making it out to be. There's quite of bit of volume on the socks; I might have done for a less tall pair in a brighter colour...There's something to be said for creative destruction and the idea of failing in our minds brings us to a more creative place in the long run.

    ReplyDelete