Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Well, I have decided to fight fire with fire.  Or, in this case stripes.  I am on day two of pre- planning my outfits and I have to say it's working out well.  I just have to get off the gray theme.   But,  today it was gray again!  I felt confident, and spunky in this outfit.  What I don't show you is the cute red readers I wore with it.  I have a collection of readers.  They are generally from big lots.  I can get 3 for $5.00 and that includes red, blue and animal print.  Sadly I wore the animal print out and am waiting for them to go on sale.

Oh, have I told you how frugal I am?  Of course I have silly goose!  
A long time ago my aunt taught me a phrase, It went something like "Save on what you need and spend on what you want".  I thing that sums me up in a nutshell.

So, if I need glasses it's off to Big Lots.  But if I want that incredible cape that Two Birds have in their Itsy shop I'm buying it.  They have it on hold for me.  I'm waiting for Paypal to link my credit card to my account.  I've had a Paypal account for over 10 years but haven't used it in a very long time.  As soon as I'm done with this post I'm trying again.  If Paypal hasn't figured it out yet I'm a gonna start a bitching!  I told the man it's my Valentines Day present so I damn well hope to be wearing it next Tuesday!
Well, enough of my blah, blah ranting.  Here is what I wore today.  I am going to link this with the "coolest" link up. Trending Through The Decades: Stripes  But of course it's my link up so what else can I say.  

Stop by, show us you stripeosity!  All I ask is that you try to remember to link back to my blog ( I really need more than 70 followers or it's going to be embarrassing.  At least I finally got past 69!) and be confident enough to put your age decade next to your name.  Ex: Tammy (50's)  How hard is that?

So have a good week.  I think I am on a blogging blitz.  I guess that maybe how I am dealing with all of the work stuff.  Hopefully, it will work out well.  We'll see.....

The stats:
Skirt thrifted $2.50
Scarf:  Thrifted not sure but probably not over a buck
Turtle neck:  A staple in the Midwest during the winter.  2.50
Sweater:  I honestly can't remember.  I think Carsons clearance for around $10.00
My favorite boots:  J Crew $4.00 (did I tell you they were brand new when I thrifted them? ) 




Again, the neck tie scarf.  I think I'm really liking this one.



Just wanted to show that I actually mixed 3 prints


11 comments:

  1. This outfit looks amazing! You could be a personal stylist.
    Darn, sorry I forgot to add my age decade to my photo in the link up. I'll try harder next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you in the cape! I order from Ebay so seldom (or from any other online seller) that I have to totally redo my paypal each time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, LOVE this skirt on you AND how you paired it with the sweater! I'm a big gray fan too! Don't stress about your followers. LOL I've been blogging for a year and a half and am FINALLY up to 90! So if it's any consolation, you're doing far better than I! It used to really bother me, but now only a teensy bit! Hugs to you gorgeous! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit!!! I've got a "stripey" outfit planned for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh you're getting a cape from Two Birds? Can't wait to see how you style it! I love you in grey- it's a really pretty colour with your complexion and hair and I love the scarf! I'm with you- if I'm buying shampoo and deodorant (needs) I try to get a good deal but clothes? Sometimes I splurge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look amazing! This outfit is so sophisticated and classy. I think it is my favorite of your looks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy - I LOVE your stripey cardi, I have a similar one in black and white (it needs a little hole mending, you've reminded me to do it!!) I linked up another post to stripes, I wore them again without making the mental connection to your link party at the time... happy days!!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look beautiful Tammy, I like the long flowy cardi, you always make neutral outfits look so fabulous. By the way, I just noticed this morning that I forgot to add URL address to your blog linky. Sorry darling, I already added the URL like a good girl. Congrats to your 71 followers!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwwwwwwwww I do love that cardigan soooooooooo much.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tams, you look great! I love how daring you have become mixing patterns and trying new things but always remaining so classy! I love that saying that your aunt used to say to you. I swear we are sisters because that is how I am. Could not have said it better myself. I have linked up...yay! Thanks for hosting. Hope things are looking up...congrats on 71. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete