Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny White Polka Dot.........




Sweater............Yep that's what I wore.  Linking up today with the Two Birds for Inspiration Monday http://twobirdsboutique.blogspot.com/ and Patti over at http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com/ for Visible Monday.

My husband and I go out of town just about every weekend, I mentioned before we have a little log cabin at a lake in Indiana.  I use the travel time to learn new things about my camera and Iphone.  Last weekend I found my little Sony cyber-shot has a burst setting.  That means it will take rapid, multiple pictures using the timer......Oh, my God I can't tell you how excited I was.  Since I take my own photos it is a major pain to run over to the camera after each shot to reset it.  This one little feature made taking these photos so easy.  Maybe I won't dread it so much in the future.  Now if I can find a setting to actually take better pictures I'd be  cooking with gas.

There are things we all have to face as we age.  One of my issues are my thighs. So short, shorts and rompers don't exist in my world (I'm good at that).     It's pretty obvious at this point they aren't going to change and I'm kinda used to them so I guess I'll keep them for a while.  I just kinda dress around them and take them wherever I go.

My inspiration, Alexa Chung

My outfit:
Sweater            Target clearance 8.00
Blouse               Thrifted   2.50
Shorts               Kohls 15.00
Shoes                Thrifted 2.00  



12 comments:

  1. You look great...I love your sweater! I said goodbye to rompers a long time ago for obvious age related reasons...won't go into details...but your shorts look really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you wore polka dots! i have that same sweater and i love it. and don't be so hard on your legs. you look great in shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't get with Alexa Chung as a role model. I've tried and I don't see it. Anyway, you look wonderful. So I'll use you as a role model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right...why didn't I think of the multiple shots mode. I have been running to and fro the camera like a silly bum bum. Haha...thanks Tammy you save my life! You look stylish as usual, the pokka dot sweater with the floral top is a fantastic idea, such an interesting contrast! Love your little touches like the scarf and necklace.

    I thank God for every single day, good or bad. Life can be stressful in singapore, education or work or life in general. But thank God for seeing us through. Thanks for caring Tammy, you're such a great bloggy friend. Hope you're doing fine too. God bless you!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what Judy C said :) I've been having a hard time finding cute sandals at the thrift stores like the ones you have! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT THAT SWEATER! I mean one like it of course. I love your version of the outfit. It's classy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like your version, keeping it within the same color scheme. that polka dot sweater is adorable!

    i'm glad we agree about rompers, apologies to our fashion friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit and i love your polka dot sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interpretation of the outfit, Tammy. I love polka dots on you. Thanks so much for participating in Visible Monday.

    -Patti @ NotDeadYet Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those shorts on you! And don't you hate it that we are eliminating stuff from our wardrobe as we age? Ugh. But I cheat.
    Walking shorts are a great way to incorperate shorts back into our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  11. love you look. the polka dots and that cute blouse! i'm also a huge fan of your sandals. you look great! and i like your setting! it let's me focus on your outfit :)

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fine in the shorts and the dots on the sweater are the coming thing this fall. I have a cybershot camera myself! And I love it.

    ReplyDelete