Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sunshine award on a rainy day.



One day as I was casually checking out my favorite blogs I found that I was awarded the Sunshine award by my friend Debbie @ Thrifty Girl Vintage.http://thriftygirlvintage.blogspot.com/
I was thrilled.  But then I thought what the heck do I do now?  I'm supposed to pass this award on to ten other bloggers. At this time I don't think I know enough about 10 other bloggers to bestow this very sweet award.
So, This is what I decided to do.  I am going to fulfill part of the award obligation now, and later on I will pass it on to 10 other little Miss Sunshines!
I don't have any picture posts today.  We are at our cabin and it's raining cats and dogs. I don't think you want to see pics of me in jeans, fluffy socks and crocs.  So I thought this would be as good a time as any to tell you 10 things about myself you don't know and probably don't really want to know.
So let it begin.

1.  I love to garden.  I don't mean I love pulling weeds (which I do) or dead heading (also, do) but I love setting up areas that can take care of themselves.  I'll spend hours and hours making sure that my garden spaces will look better and better each year all by themselves.
2.  I have a hard time putting my thoughts in writing. (I'm sure you are saying "we knew that Chickie!)
That's one of my reasons for blogging.  To feel free enough to write it and criticize myself on every word I write.
3.  I work at a very demanding, fast pace job.  Blogging is also a good stress reducer for me.
4.  It's really damn hard to talk about yourself and I'm only on 4.
5.  I have a huge closet (thanks to my now disabled brother)  and it's a total mess!  It really bothers me and I can't seem to get it together.
6.  My husband spoils me and I love every minute of it.
7.  I have 3 sons.  Two are in college and the middle man child is a Submariner in the Navy.  I am very proud of all of them and thankful of our close relationship.  They think I'm a little ditsy, non judge mental and over all not to bad for an "old lady"!
8.  I'm running out of things to say and I think I need a glass of wine!  O.k., wine in hand I will try to continue.
I love our little log cabin.  We spend a lot of happy times here.  While I was getting my glass of wine I also gathered up some candles and flashlights.  The thunder over head sounds pretty vicious.
9.  Only two more and I cheated on 4! (Oh my, now I'm a poet and didn't even know it!) I like to read.  Used to all of the time. Here lately not so much.
10.  This is the longest 10 things in my life............I love sports movies, romantic comedies and I'm a news junkie!
There that's it.  I did it and now I will drink that glass of wine.

Again, I will say thank you Debbie.  You have been kind, inspirational and just fun to get to know.

1 comment:

  1. We could trade some work; I could do your closets and you could help me with planning gardens. I love to organize, clean up and generally putter around. My gardens could use a creative hand.

    ReplyDelete