Sunday, January 8, 2012

A-Tisket A-Tasket. In January?????

A-tisket a-tasket a brown and yellow basket!  For some reason this rhyme has been on my mind all weekend.
The weather was so incredible we went to the cabin.  En-route the temps were in the low 50's.
That got me thinking about spring and picnics and so a tisket a tasket popped into my mind.  If you know me you would know that when my mind wants to it can be like a steel trap.  Won't let anything out, especially trivial rhymes.
We really didn't go on a picnic this weekend.  Maybe, kinda could have, maybe should have.  But didn't . None the less the weekend was fun and I enjoyed the radiating heat of the wood burner and alone time with the Man.

So with that in mind I took a photo with my picnic basket and snowshoes in the background.  I'm just that kind of goof!

I did wear this outfit.  This is a pretty typical layered outfit for me.  Long sweater over skinny jeans, knee boots and a scarf and vest.  Simple, can't beat it.  Skinny jeans are a favorite of mine, I never, never, never (that's 3 nevers) wear them unless I wear a long top to cover my butt.  Leave that for the young ones.  These came from Target.  They were in the Jr. section so I had to buy one size larger due to my curvy thighs which makes the waist to big so I have to wear a belt.  Why is does everything have to be so complicated?  

 I just noticed the sweater looks a little stretched out.  I guess a few hours in the car will do that!

So have a good week and don't forget the  Trending Through the Decades: Layers link is active for a few more days.  This week it's all about layers.  I am layering myself over there right now!
So stop by and say hi.  No rules no pressure.  Just do it!


A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it,
I dropped it,
I dropped it,
And on the way I dropped it.
A little boy he picked it up and put it in his pocket









13 comments:

  1. Ah, we do couples weekends at the lake ourselves. I like the tip about sizing up in the juniors' dept. All of the layers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest picnic look I have seen in a long time...I love it! You look awesome. Have you registered to be in IFB?? If you go to http://heartifb.com...you can find all of the directions for the links a la mode!! Just email me if you need more help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot find true skinny jeans to fit me at all. My legs are smaller than my middle, so the legs are always too big. The red jeans I have on in my VM post are supposed to be skinny jeans, but aren't on me!
    You look fab in this outfit. I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a classic look! I really like the look of textured sweaters these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful layered look, Tammy! Great scarf and boots, too, and I adore your picnic basket. Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stylish...love the skinny jeans w/ boots! You do layering just so right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great on you! I need to layer myself over to your link as well, now that I'm trying to get back into the swing again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about it. Want that scarf...and the boots...well, everything!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're always good at layering by the way, I like that warm snuggy sweater, with a pretty scarf, and a nice furry vest, hehe..did you wrote that cute little basket poem? Yes I need to link up soon!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute outfit! It's almost picnic weather here in Indiana, although that will change by Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't wear skinny pants without covering my bottom either- I don't really wear them to be honest- can't stand having a seam right up against my leg bizarrely!
    You look great in your layers- I missed this link-up- if only I hadn't lost my camera lead, I'd definitely link up! Wretched thing, where is it?!?!?!
    I always get things stuck in my head too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the slouch sweater and boots look- vaguely "Robin Hood".

    ReplyDelete